Nagios acknowledgement enhancement request... revisited

Jim Winkle jwinkle at doit.wisc.edu
Thu Nov 20 20:00:55 CET 2008

>> Right now, even using state staulking and configuring check_disk as
>> a volatile service, Nagios will only notify about the *first* full
>> disk if a user acknowledges the problem. If a second disk fills later,
>> we won't be notified.
>
> It's possible to monitor disks separately. For the reasons you mention
> above, I always recommend doing so.

Thanks for responding, Matthias and Andreas.

We're trying to monitor a lot of disks... hundreds of systems and
probably over 2000 partitions. If we monitor each separately, it's
going to be a bit of work keeping that list up-to-date.

I'll bring all this info back to my group.  You're right; it may be
tricky to determine what is a *new* message, but offering a patch might
ultimately be simpler.

-- Jim