Nagios ignores broken file descriptor?

Steven D. Morrey smorrey at ldschurch.org
Wed Nov 19 17:29:56 CET 2008

Maybe have it email someone if that happens?
Honestly though, if it's not logging then it's not performing it's
critical role in the network, since the monitoring results are what we
care about, not the act of monitoring itself.
Having it go down completely might be the best option in such a case.
Maybe this could be a config file option in future releases.

FYI we found the source of the scsi error.
Turns out it was a bad driver that shipped with SLES 9.

Sincerely,
Steven D. Morrey