[Fwd: All hosts status undetermined in reports]

Andy Shellam andy.shellam-lists at mailnetwork.co.uk
Fri May 30 00:05:32 CEST 2008

Hi Marc,

I've got a hold of this and a fix now.

In the availability report, if you selected a host or service group,
it passed the host/group chosen in step 2 over in the URL to step 3
as, for example, Telecity+Router+1 - which is correct.

However, it then URL encoded the value back to the HTML source of step
3 - e.g.
<input type='hidden' name='host' value='Telecity+Router+1'>.

However when you submit this form, the browser then converts the +
characters into %2B's - e.g. Telecity%2BRouter%2B1.  Nagios then
interpets the host as Telecity+Router+1, which obviously doesn't exist.

It's a simple fix, thankfully!  Unfortunately I don't know how to
create diff patches, so I can only tell you what to change:

In avail.cgi, line 650:

from:

printf("<input type='hidden' name='host'
value='%s'>\n",url_encode(host_name));

to:

printf("<input type='hidden' name='host' value='%s'>\n",host_name);

In avail.cgi, line 654:

from:

printf("<input type='hidden' name='servicegroup'
value='%s'>\n",url_encode(servicegroup_name));

to:

printf("<input type='hidden' name='servicegroup'
value='%s'>\n",servicegroup_name);

Note that host groups and services didn't suffer this problem - just
hosts and service groups!

Can this fix make into 3.0.3?

Thanks,

Andy