Problem init.d script

Morten Guldager morten.guldager at gmail.com
Wed May 7 13:17:27 CEST 2008

'Aloha!

I have found what looks like a bug in the file nagios-3.0.1/daemon-init.in
Find the function killproc_nagios

Looks like something is missing.... At least mine looks like this straight
form the tar-ball:

killproc_nagios ()
{

        kill $2 $NagiosPID

}

What do you think?

/Morten %-)

On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 10:40 AM, Hendrik Bäcker <andurin at process-zero.de>
wrote:

> 1. I won't believe that "The Noob" is written in your birth certificate
> 2. x-posting won't help you getting usefull answers
> 3. after deciding wich mailing list you want - give us more informations
> (do you use 'restart', 'reload', 'magic')
> 4. it might be the known behavior, that nagios 2.x won't exit correctly
> if a hostcheck is just running - have a look in your nagios.cfg about
> host_check_timeout and set a sleep "that_value +1" between stop and
> start of your init script
>
> @Lists: Sorry for x-posting again ;)
>
> The Noob schrieb:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I have a problem with the start script (/etc/init.d/nagios)
> > Sometimes, when I stop or restart Nagios, I have a timeout. Then
> > Nagios crash and it does not restart correctly and starts with the old
> > configuration.
> > kill -9 permits to stop all processes nagios.
> > What can I check on my server to fix this bug ?
> > Nagios Version is 2.9.
> >
> > Thanks for your answer
> > Best Regards
> > TheNoob
> > Don't miss this year's exciting event. There's still time to save $100.
> > Use priority code J8TL2D2.

/Morten %-)