Eventhandler not running : nagios v3.0.1

Chanchal James chanch13 at gmail.com
Sat May 3 18:42:40 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have a bash script set up to run as an event handler. The command I
defined in commands.cfg is:

define command{
        command_name    http-host-event
        command_line
/usr/local/nagios/libexec/eventhandlers/http_host_event $HOSTNAME$
$SERVICESTATE$ $SERVICESTATETYPE$ $SERVICEATTEMPT$
        }

I have it configured to run for SOFT Host down. But it doesnt seem to be
running from nagios. This is what the nagios error log shows:

[1209832148] HOST EVENT HANDLER:
server.com;(null);(null);(null);http-host-event

But if I run "/usr/local/nagios/libexec/eventhandlers/http_host_event
$HOSTNAME$ $SERVICESTATE$ $SERVICESTATETYPE$ $SERVICEATTEMPT$" from shell
with the macros substituted with the actual value, it works.

Can someone suggest how I can get this working. I'm using v3.0.1.

Thank you.