Broker and latency.

Alessandro Ren alessandro.ren at opservices.com.br
Thu Mar 20 14:48:06 CET 2008

    I've reported a problem with NDO, in which the latency would start
to go up and the nagios process consume a lot of memory, when using NDO.
    Because of this I started to develop my own broker to write just
some data to the database, and after 3 days, the same thing started to
happen, the latency started to go up, the load with it until suddenly
the load dropped to zero and it seems like nagios stops processing
checks and by the time it does that, it is consuming a lot of memory.
    I am using nagios-3.0 on CentOS 5 and I've checked and recked my
broker and I can't find where it would have any allocation problems. I
am running nagios with 150 hosts and 2500 services.
    A nagios restart fixes the latency back to where is was, 0.3s, and
then it starts going up again.
    Is there a known problem in the nagios broker schema?  Any tests I
could run to try and spot the problem?

    Thanks

---
Alessandro Ren