Patch to support group based permissions in CGIs

Matthieu Huguet matthieu_huguet at prizee.fr
Thu Mar 6 11:41:58 CET 2008

Le jeudi 06 mars 2008 à 11:30 +0100, Guillaume Rousse a écrit :
> Matthieu Huguet a écrit :
> > * What do you think about it ? :)
> I'd really like to have group-based authorizations, but not mandatorily
> linked to static group definition files, to avoid duplicating
> informations already present elsewhere (ldap, nss, etc...). The current
> user information is provided by apache authentication mechanism, can it
> be used for additional group information ?

At the beginning, i tried to use Apache informations to detect the group
membership of the authenticated user. I've heard about a "REMOTE_GROUP"
CGI variable, but it seem's that apache does set this env variable.

That's why it's based on a static group definition file.

I agree with you, it would be much better if Apache can provide the
group membership information. Does anyone know informations about a way
to do that ?