Nagios3-cvs: Possible bug in additive inheritance for escalations

Mathieu Gagné mgagne at generationphp.net
Mon Mar 3 04:34:11 CET 2008

Hi,

Matthias Eble writes:

> with the latests cvs version this doesn't seem work.
> I looked at the source and the problem is that
> xodtemplate_clean_additive_strings() is called before
> xod_template_inherit_object_properties(). But the latter tries to do
> some additive inheritance, too. Unfortunately the + signs are gone then.
>
> My suggest would be to move xod_template_inherit_object_properties()
> before xodtemplate_clean_additive_strings() so that the inheritance work
> is done before the duplication tasks.

I'm facing the same issue on my side too.

I defined some hosts which I added to a hostgroup called "managed-services".

This same hostgroup has a "hostescalation" associated with it:

define hostescalation {
        hostgroup_name          managed-servers
        first_notification      2
        last_notification       0
        notification_interval   10
        contact_groups          +admin-cell
}

Unfortunately, "contact_groups +admin-cell" won't make this particular
"hostescalation" heritates from the original "contact_groups" property
I defined in all original "host". Example:

define host {
        contact_groups         host-contactgroup
        hostgroups             managed-servers
}

So basically, only "admin-cell" will receive the second notify,
not "host-contactgroup".

Any idea?

Regards,

--