Proposal

Yann JOUANIN yann.jouanin.list at intelunix.fr
Sat Jun 28 22:26:55 CEST 2008

Hello everyone,

I would like to expose a proposal for a new object in Nagios : link.

At the moment, when we would like to monitor a link between to router (as an
example) we monitor both the interfaces on the routers, and when the link is
down, notifications are sent for both the services.

Creating a link object would be a way to get a real state and it would also
be a good idea regarding to dependencies between services.

What do you think about that?

Yann Jouanin
http://www.yannj.fr

just about anything Open Source.