Antwort: Re: Antwort: Host check retries - Nagios bug?

Sascha.Runschke at gfkl.com Sascha.Runschke at gfkl.com
Tue Jun 17 15:03:56 CEST 2008

nagios-devel-bounces at lists.sourceforge.net schrieb am 17.06.2008 14:33:31:

> First, the host
> define host {
>         name WAN-Instituicao
>         check_command check_instituicao
>         max_check_attempts 10
>         check_interval 0
>         check_period 24x7
>         obsess_over_host 0
>         active_checks_enabled 1
>         notification_interval 10
>         notification_period 24x7
>         notifications_enabled 1
>         register 0
>         notification_options d,r
>         hostgroups WAN
>         contact_groups admins,prevencao
> }

This one looks odd to me...
You have check_interval 0 and active_checks_enabled 1.
That doesn't make sense to me and I am not sure if this has a defined
behaviour. Literally spoken it means you want nagios to actively check
the host every 0 minutes - which means check as often as possible.
Therefor nagios won't care for servicechecks and the max_check_attempts
when
executing the hostcheck, as it schedules the hostcheck actively anyways.
So a hard host down getting inbetween soft service criticals is expected
behaviour for me.

Regards
        Sascha

--
Sascha Runschke
Netzwerk-  und  Systemmanagement

GFKL Financial Services AG
Vorstand: Dr. Peter Jänsch (Vors.), Jürgen Baltes, Dr. Till Ergenzinger, Dr. Tom Haverkamp
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Dr. Georg F. Thoma
Sitz: Limbecker Platz 1, 45127 Essen, Amtsgericht Essen, HRB 13522