Bug - host_notifications_enabled/service_notifications_enabled

Mathieu Gagné mgagne at iweb.com
Tue Jun 3 01:16:02 CEST 2008

Hi all,

"host_notifications_enabled" and "service_notifications_enabled" status
seem to not be restored when restarting Nagios.

"retained_contact_host_attribute_mask" and
"retained_contact_service_attribute_mask" are set to "0" in nagios.cfg.

In fact, at first view, it seems the wrong status is exported:
"host_notifications_enabled" and "service_notifications_enabled" should
be set to "0":

contact {
contact_name=cell-mgagne-night
modified_attributes=0
modified_host_attributes=0
modified_service_attributes=0
host_notification_period=24x7
service_notification_period=24x7
last_host_notification=0
last_service_notification=0
host_notifications_enabled=1
service_notifications_enabled=1
}

So I tweaked config.c to output the "host_notifications_enabled" and
"service_notifications_enabled" value for each contact. I was surprised
to see that the value was still "1" even if notifications had been
disabled for this contact and that nodutils told me it was "0".

Has anybody ever faced this problem so far with Nagios 3.0.2 ?

--
Mathieu Gagné