Nagios and LDAP

Allan Clark allanc at chickenandporn.com
Sun Jul 27 20:25:41 CEST 2008

On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 14:16, Brian A. Seklecki <
lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Jul 2008, Dave Horsfall wrote:
>
> > Are there any plans to integrate Nagios directly with LDAP e.g. looking
> up
>
> If you run Apache, you can use mod_auth_ldap to handle authentication, but
> the CGI conf needs the ability to check an LDAP group membership also.

I found that the authnz stuff is slightly different; I can post a sanitized
version of my corporation's LDAP auth if it helps.  This is for the change
in httpd-2.0 to httpd-2.2

For /etc/nagios/cgi.cfg, I had to take the logic that "if you got this far,
you're allowed to see it all" so my permissions in the cgi.cfg are all "*";
we have the luxury of only serving to SAs and tech-staff, nothing
customer-facing, and no hard separation of ACL to different domains of
hosts.

Allan
--
allanc at chickenandporn.com "金鱼" http://linkedin.com/in/goldfish