Nagios and LDAP

Allan Clark allanc at chickenandporn.com
Fri Jul 25 01:49:00 CEST 2008

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 19:22, Dave Horsfall <daveh at coreng.com.au> wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Jul 2008, Thomas Guyot-Sionnest wrote:
>
> > If you're fluent in Perl I sent scripts a few weeks ago that update
> > cgi.cfg and create contacts/contact groups out of AD groups. Look in the
> > mailing list archives...

I started with
http://tech.b.chickenandporn.com/2008/04/13/use-ldap-to-configure-nagios/ to
configure mine; downloadable nagios-3.0.3 there in the comments, with a
patch, but I was told it was "the wrong way" so I have focused on other
things for a while.  That work turns the nagios binary into an LDAP client,
and currently only loads hosts/services from LDAP, no contact names (which
is a logical extension, given how perception is often that LDAP is just an
address book).

See also:
http://www.nagioscommunity.org/wiki/index.php/LDAP-Configured_Nagios

There are two users of that so far, but I guess the fact that it only does
the hosts and services is a bit limiting.

Allan
--
allanc at chickenandporn.com "金鱼" http://linkedin.com/in/goldfish
please, no proprietary attachments (http://tinyurl.com/cbgq)