owner and group settings for files used by FrontEnds

nagios at arikin.com nagios at arikin.com
Thu Jul 24 07:18:37 CEST 2008

I am trying to set up nagios with centreon GUI on FreeBSD7.0-p3

After installing from the ports the installed files all belong to
root:wheel except for the var ones. This is totally different from
installing from a download from the nagios site. It installs everything
neatly into /usr/local/nagios/ and almost everything belongs to
nagios:nagios.

Will the port install and its root:wheel settings prevent Frontend GUIs
from using nagios data and files?

What files are essential to Frontends in general?

/usr/local/nagios/etc/*.cfg files?
/usr/local/nagios/var/ and all below?

Or is there a particular website page I should look over?

I like FreeBSD, love nagios and centreon but I have begun to think maybe
Debian might be easier in this case. Any experiences with these
combinations?