Time Undetermined in Availability Report

Bernd Arnold bernd_a at gmx.de
Fri Jul 18 20:58:32 CEST 2008

Hi,

I was wondering what the "Nagios Not Running" type means in the Availability Report. My computer was powered off the last few days, so Nagios wasn't running, too, of course. So I thought the time Nagios was not running is mentioned there. But I get a "0d 0h 0m 0s" value for a last 7 days report. Furthermore, it tells me the host was up the whole time (7d 0h 0m 0s).

Having a look into the Event Log, there are two entries that relate to this:
[07-18-2008 17:30:56] Nagios 3.0.3 starting... (PID=4698)
[07-11-2008 23:12:22] Successfully shutdown... (PID=15309)

It should be known to the avail.cgi when Nagios was not running, shouldn't it?.

Am I wrong? Does someone know if this is a bug? I didn't find a hint in the mailing lists, but maybe everyone runs Nagios the whole time (as it should be, I know).

Regards
Bernd

Jetzt dabei sein: http://www.shortview.de/wasistshortview.php?mc=sv_ext_mf@gmx