Embedded sounds in Nagios 3

Jonathan Clarke jclarke at linagora.com
Fri Jul 18 16:26:31 CEST 2008

Hi,

I've been testing the sound embedded in pages on Nagios 3.0.3. Comparing
it to a clean install of Nagios 2, I noticed these two points:

1) There was a bug in the "Tactical overview" page, and the path to the
sound file was not included in the HTML output.

2) On a Windows machine, neither Firefox nor IE plays the sound :-(
I tracked this down to the "type" parameter in the HTML, which was
changed from "application/x-mplayer2" to "application/wav".

Please find attached a patch that corrects these two points, on the
3.0.3 source code.

While 1 is obviously just a typo, I imagine that 2 was a deliberate
change :) Maybe there is a better solution than just reverting this?

My windows machine is available for any testing of other values!

Regards,
Jonathan

PS: many thanks go to Cédric Temple for debugging this!
--
Jonathan Clarke

Open Source Software Assurance (OSSA) - Groupe LINAGORA
27 rue de Berri, 75008 Paris
Tél: 01 58 18 68 28, fax: 01 58 18 68 29
http://www.linagora.com - http://www.08000linux.com