Does url_encoding interprete correclty utf8 greek characters?

Tsatsaros Tryfon tsatri at intracom.gr
Fri Jul 11 10:31:35 CEST 2008

This may be so.  However my issue is that url_encoding might have
problems encoding multibyte utf-8 greek characters even if called once.
This may be because url_encoding interpretes its input buffer bytes as
signed characters, and so, characters having the high bit of their high
nibble set (that is 8X, 9X...,FX) are interpreted as negative and thus <
0x20 and consequently are covnerted to '+' in the first place. Moreover
no special care is taken for multibyte characters whose 1st byte may be
< 0x20 even if positive and as such also converted to '+'.

Franky Van Liedekerke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can confirm the issue with histogram.cgi (the same is valid for
> trends.cgi). The problem lies in the fact that the url_encoding is
> done twice, so first spaces get translated to "+", and when you call
> the cgi again (for eg. a different timeframe) the "+" gets translated
> as well, thus rendering the requested value for the service invalid.
>
> Franky

*Tryfon Tsatsaros* *|*
*Dr. Software/Electrical Engineer* *|*
*S/W & Telecom Applications Department

**INTRALOT S.A.*
[A] 64, Kifissias Ave. & 3, Premetis Str.
     15125 Athens, Greece
[T] + 30 210 615 6000
[T Dir] + 30 210 667 7954
[F] + 30 210 667 7180
[W] _*www.intralot.com*_ <http://www.intralot.com/>

Green E-mail Logo Please consider the environment before printing this
e-mail