[NAGIOS-DEVEL] trigger a plugin on acknowledge

Xavier LEVRAT xlevrat at yahoo.fr
Tue Jul 8 15:57:46 CEST 2008

Ok thanks !
I'll try this way !

But I still think it could be a good proposal to implement this without hacking the notification command.

Regards,
Xavier LEVRAT.

From: Armin Wolfermann <aw <at> osn.de>
Subject: Re: [NAGIOS-DEVEL] trigger a plugin on acknowledge
Newsgroups: gmane.network.nagios.devel
Date: 2008-07-08 08:13:53 GMT (5 hours and 30 minutes ago)

* Xavier LEVRAT <xlevrat <at> yahoo.fr> [07.07.2008 17:11]:
> We'd like to trigger a plugin when we acknowledge a service problem. We
> don't want to use a eventhandler because this operation has to be
> manual. (ex : When a flag file is present in a directory, nagios raises
> a service problem. Acknowledging this problem will trigger a plugin that
> do a rm on the file.)
>
> Is it possible to do it with the curent NAGIOS logic ?

You could do it with a notification command. Just delete your flag file if
$NOTIFICATIONTYPE$ is ACKNOWLEDGEMENT.

Regards,
Armin Wolfermann