check_procs, solaris 10 and zones

Duncan Ferguson duncan.ferguson at altinity.com
Wed Jul 2 17:31:21 CEST 2008

On 2 Jul 2008, at 13:56, Daniel López wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>

> we are having problems using check_procs in solaris 10 boxes
> (virtual zones),
> works very well in the global zone.
>
> We are using pst3 and check_procs from nagios-plugins-1.4.12.
>
> i have found a thread from early 2007:
>
> http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5112366&messageID=9879024
>
> and says:
>
> Also keep in mind to not run the plugins in a Solaris Zone. The
> reason being
> is that the check_procs plugin requires access to /dev/kmem which is
> not
> allowed in a non global Solaris zone.
>

> Is there a way to make work check_procs from inside the virtual zones?

Yes - I have re-written pst3 to avoid using /dev/kmem - waiting on Ton
to commit to svn.

   Duncs

--
Duncan Ferguson
Senior Developer, Altinity Limited

http://www.altinity.com
Tel: +44 (0)870 787 9243
US:  +1 866 879 9184
Fax: +44 (0)845 280 1725
Skype: duncan_j_ferguson
MSN: duncan.ferguson at altinity.com

The contents of this email and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended solely for the use of the individuals to
whom it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in
error please notify the sender and delete this e-mail immediately.
Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material
in this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

Altinity Limited | 404 Seven Sisters Road | London | N4 2LX | United
Kingdom
Registered in England and Wales under company number 4743767