check_procs, solaris 10 and zones

Daniel López dani at tydnet.org
Wed Jul 2 14:56:07 CEST 2008

Hi everybody,

we are having problems using check_procs in solaris 10 boxes (virtual zones),
works very well in the global zone.

We are using pst3 and check_procs from nagios-plugins-1.4.12.

i have found a thread from early 2007:

http://forum.java.sun.com/thread.jspa?threadID=5112366&messageID=9879024

and says:

Also keep in mind to not run the plugins in a Solaris Zone. The reason being
is that the check_procs plugin requires access to /dev/kmem which is not
allowed in a non global Solaris zone.

Is there a way to make work check_procs from inside the virtual zones?

thanks in advance,

dani