specified hostgroup has no members Nagios 3.0rc2 Bug?

Gerd Mueller gmueller at netways.de
Wed Jan 30 10:17:06 CET 2008

Hi developers,

I am getting following warnings during the "Reading configuration
data..." step:

Warning: Specified hostgroup 'preita.abc' has no members (config file
'/etc/nagios/config/abc/hostgroups.cfg', starting on line 1)
Warning: Specified hostgroup 'def' has no members (config file
'/etc/nagios/config/hostgroup.cfg', starting on line 1)
Warning: Specified hostgroup 'postit.def' has no members (config file
'/etc/nagios/config/def/hostgroups.cfg', starting on line 1)

But Nagios starts without any errors. And Nagios knows the groups and
their members. objects.cache:

e.g. one group:

define hostgroup {
        hostgroup_name  preita.abc
        alias   preita.abc
        members
batch2.preita.abc,batch1.preita.abc,online2.preita.abc,online1.preita.abc
        }

So I am pretty sure this Warning messages are wrong!

BTW 2 wishes about hostgroups:

1. empty hostgroups
if hostgroups without any members exist Nagios won't start. I really
would appreciate if Nagios could throw warnings instead.

2. hide hostgroups from the cgi interface
With earlier Nagios Versions it was possible to define groups as
templates (register 0). These groups weren't shown on the webinterface.
I would really appreciate a switch like "hide_from_cgis 0/1" for the
hostgroups.

Cheers,

Gerd

Cheers,

Gerd

--
Gerd Mueller
Senior Consultant

NETWAYS GmbH | Deutschherrnstr. 47a | D-90429 Nürnberg
Tel: +49 911 92885-0 | Fax: +49 911 92885-33
GF: Julian Hein | AG Nürnberg HRB18461

http://www.netways.de | gmueller at netways.de