NDOUtils Question

Fulton, David dfulton at nuvox.com
Fri Jan 18 17:22:02 CET 2008

I was looking at the schema that NDOUtils uses with MySQL and I was
attempting to extend it for my own purposes. However, there appears to
be only a hard coded list of objecttype_id's that NDOUtils uses. I am
attempting to use the NDOUtils schema for mapping the physical layout of
our datacenters but I want to treat each thing as an object (i.e.
cabinets, shelves and cable runs, among the many objects). The reason is
obvious. If the configuration is in the database when nagios starts
using it for configuration (instead of flat files) I will be ready and
the whole thing will be seamless(supposedly), plus it would give me the
advantages of using a RDBMS for inventory and asset control in the same
place as monitoring control. I was wondering since the objecttype_id
field is a smallint if we could define a range of number set aside for
"local" use. Better yet have a growing list of object types so that as
nagios itself needs more (in the future) they will be recognized.

David Fulton
Systems Administrator
NuVox Communications
O:407-835-0470
C:321-246-2238
"Because Business is on the Line"

P.S. I posted the same message but forgot I had subscribed to the list
under a different email address. Please reply to this one.

Thanks,
	David Fulton