I found a bug in Nagios, I think

Manuel HERVO manuel.hervo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 03:32:55 CET 2008

Hello,

I began working in the supervision and I think Nagios very well done.

However, for 3.0rc1 version, I found a problem with the plug
"check_mysql_query." And the problem is not plug, but Nagios.

As usual, I am still a semi-colon (;) at the end of my request and Nagios
does not seem to want to accept it within the parameters of my command.

Define command (
   Command_name check_query
   Comand_line $USER1$/check_mysql_query-q $ARG1$ -d $ARG2$ -H $HOSTADDRESS$
-u $ARG3$ -p $ARG4$
)

(Define service
         Servers use service
         Host_name web-pre-production
         Service_description Test Query Mysql
         Check_command check_mysql_query! "SELECT id ForumMessages FROM
WHERE id = 1;"! <my_database>! <my_login>! <my_password>
         )

In file / nagios / var / objects.cache:
Check_command check_mysql_query! "SELECT id ForumMessages FROM WHERE id = 1

The semi-colon(;) is blocking the wake of arguments passed to plugin.

I hope you have help.

Azema.

P.S.: Sorry for my english, but I speak French.