.cgi problem

Olivier JAN ojan at expertise-online.net
Mon Jan 7 14:53:51 CET 2008

Hi list,

A strange problem occuring on one of my nagios 3.Orc1 on ubuntu 6.0.6
since this morning. I get some premature end of script randomly in the
web interface

Premature end of script headers: cmd.cgi

with sometimes glibc error.

*** glibc detected *** malloc(): memory corruption: 0x080b4668 ***

or

*** glibc detected *** free(): invalid next size (fast): 0x080b6ad8 ***

Don't get any errors on the second server which has the same
configuration. Same nagios binaries and configuration. Configuration
hasn't been touched before those mistakes appearing.

I doubled check the permissions on the file and everything seems ok.
And they are the same on the two nagios servers.

Tried to fetch the url with firefox and lynx with same result. The
error was on extinfo.cfi this morning and cmd.cgi this afternoon.

Tried the free_child_process_memory=0 in nagios config. No more glibc
errors after passing this parameter to 1 and 0 back which is
definitively strange. Parameter is now set the same it was with glibc
errors.

Anything i miss, a bug ?

Any ideas welcome guys... thanks

--