Sub-optimal host & service contact_group inheritance

Matthew Richardson matthew-ln at itconsult.co.uk
Thu Jan 3 18:32:18 CET 2008

I was trying to configure some contact-group inheritance today and tried
the following:-

|define host{
|	name			je
|	contact_groups		aaa,bbb
|	register		0
|}
|define host{
|	use			template-host-generic,je
|        host_name               hhh
|        alias                   hhh
|        address                 hhh
|}
|define service{
|	use				template-service-whatever
|       host_name                       hhh
|	contact_groups			+ccc
|       service_description             sss
| 	check_command			check_whatever
|}

The two "template-" templates contain no contacts or contact groups.

Intuitively I had expected notifications for service sss to go to all
members of contact groups aaa, bbb & ccc.  What actually occurs is that the
notifications go only to the members of ccc.

Might it be possible to adjust the contact inheritance do notify all three
contact groups?

Best wishes,
Matthew