Nagios-devel Digest, Vol 21, Issue 37

Max perldork at webwizarddesign.com
Tue Feb 26 22:35:15 CET 2008

Hi Oystein,

On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 4:27 PM,  <oystein.bleie at aftenposten.no> wrote:
> Hi -
>  We use nagios at our site to monitor several different Operating systems,
>  Freebsd, linux, unix.
>
>  I have a question for you:
>
>  In the web-GUI
>  Is there a way to link a specific problem
>  To a suggested fix?
>
>  For example:
>  If there is a "disk-full" event
>  I would like an extra column with a suggested fix.
>  Entries in this column should be writeable
>
>  Like this:
>  Warning         Disk full       host    Suggested fix
>  Xxxx            xxxx            xxxx    xxxx

What I currently do is link to a page on our Wiki that has information
by service  .. I do this using the 'additional notes'  action with
Nagios 3 for each service .. so when a user sees the service problem
in Nagios they can click the additional notes link to see common
troubleshooting tips, troubleshooting work flow, etc.

- Max