SOLVED!: Re: Bug in CVS version? returncode 127

Gerd Mueller gerd.mueller at netways.de
Tue Feb 26 10:35:04 CET 2008

Hi!

I found the reason! I had the recent nagios cvs version running with
"Sample Main Config File for Nagios 3.0b1". So a few parameters where
missing. After I change the Config File to the recent one everything
works fine. But that is why I wonder if the new parameters don't have
any default values. At least the documentation section about upgrading
should remind the user to check the nagios.cfg for extra parameters.

Cheers,

Gerd

On Mo, 2008-02-25 at 09:45 +0100, Gerd Mueller wrote:
> Hi Hendrik,
>
> of course :-) I checked it more than twice before writing this mail ...
>
> After removing the new hosts everything works fine again. So it can't be
> caused by resource.cfg
>
> Cheers,
>
> Gerd
>

> On Fr, 2008-02-22 at 15:13 +0100, Hendrik Bäcker wrote:
> > Hi Gerd,
> >
> > Gerd Mueller schrieb:
> > > Hi list!
> > >
> > > What am I missing?
> > >
> > > Today I added a few host definitions and restarted nagios afterwards.
> > > Immediately after this restart nearly all my checks ended with:
> > >
> > > ### Nagios Service Check Result ###
> > > # Time: Wed Feb 20 13:41:12 2008
> > > host_name=ddns01
> > > service_description=net-ssh
> > > check_type=0
> > > check_options=0
> > > scheduled_check=1
> > > reschedule_check=1
> > > latency=50.458000
> > > start_time=1203511272.458201
> > > finish_time=1203511272.632000
> > > early_timeout=0
> > > exited_ok=1
> > > return_code=127
> > > output=(null)
> > > ### Active Check Result File ###
> > > file_time=1203511270
> > >
> > <<<<SNIP>>>>>>
> > >
> > > So what's wrong?
> > >
> > did your nagios user has enough rights to re-read the ressource.cfg
> > after a reload?
> >
> > Is everything ok with your ressource.cfg?
> >
> > -
> > Hendrik

Gerd Mueller
Senior Consultant

NETWAYS GmbH | Deutschherrnstr. 47a | D-90429 Nürnberg
Tel: +49 911 92885-0 | Fax: +49 911 92885-33
GF: Julian Hein | AG Nürnberg HRB18461

http://www.netways.de | gmueller at netways.de