Nagios 3.0 RC2: Segmentation faults after starting

Hendrik Bäcker andurin at process-zero.de
Thu Feb 14 17:11:49 CET 2008

Olaf Dabrunz schrieb:
> On 14-Feb-08, Hendrik Bäcker wrote:
>>
>> Christian Schneemann schrieb:
>>> And here some more background info:
>>> nagios is compiled with --enable-embedded-perl and embedded perl is
>>> deactivated in thte nagios.cfg.
>>>
>>> If I enable it in the nagios.cfg nagios runs fine without segfaulting. Do you
>>> have any ideas?
>>>
>> ?¿?
>>
>> If you _enable_ ePN there is _no_ segfault??
>>
>> As far as I see the segfaulting code segment has nothing to do
>> with/without ePN.
>>
>> *confused*
>
> The problem is that --enable-embedded-perl will cause libperl to be
> linked in before libc. This means that the opendir() and readdir() in
> process_check_result_queue() will be linked in from libperl, instead of
> libc. The libperl versions will only work when the embedded perl is
> initialized as well.
>
> Linking problem.
>
> (Please mail replies to me personally, as I am not on this list.)
>
> Regards,

Ooops, just for me to know.

Would it be solved just by re-arange from (base/Makefile):

nagios: nagios.c ....
         $(CC) [flags and co] $(PERLLIBS) ... $(LIBS)

to s.th. like:

nagios: nagios.c ....
         $(CC) [flags and co] $(LIBS) $(PERLLIBS) ...

Please don't hit me but I got curios with this behavior.

-
Hendrik