Nagios 3.0 RC2: Segmentation faults after starting

Olaf Dabrunz od at suse.de
Thu Feb 14 16:57:08 CET 2008

On 14-Feb-08, Hendrik Bäcker wrote:

> Christian Schneemann schrieb:
> >
> > And here some more background info:
> > nagios is compiled with --enable-embedded-perl and embedded perl is
> > deactivated in thte nagios.cfg.
> >
> > If I enable it in the nagios.cfg nagios runs fine without segfaulting. Do you
> > have any ideas?
> >

> ?¿?
>
> If you _enable_ ePN there is _no_ segfault??
>
> As far as I see the segfaulting code segment has nothing to do
> with/without ePN.
>
> *confused*

The problem is that --enable-embedded-perl will cause libperl to be
linked in before libc. This means that the opendir() and readdir() in
process_check_result_queue() will be linked in from libperl, instead of
libc. The libperl versions will only work when the embedded perl is
initialized as well.

Linking problem.

(Please mail replies to me personally, as I am not on this list.)

Regards,

--
Olaf Dabrunz (od/odabrunz)