Bug Report: hostgroup_members with no direct members!

Ethan Galstad nagios at nagios.org
Wed Feb 13 05:45:45 CET 2008

Gerd Mueller wrote:
> Hi Ethan!
>
> Do you remember my last bug report? I think it's still not fully solved.
> The "pre-flight check" now comes back with no errors but the
> precache-objects step is still buggy. Recursion is only done for the
> first hostgroup_member of the first hostgroup. In this example hostgroup
> "a" only get the members of hostgroup "b" but hostgroup "c" will be
> ignored.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Gerd

This is a confirmed bug.  It works properly sometimes, but not always -
which is also a bug. :-)  Whether it works correctly or not is currently
dependent on the order in which you define hostgroups in the config file.

I'll look at rewriting the affected portion of the logic for rc3.  FYI,
this bug is also present in the contactgroup and servicegroup logic. :-(

Ethan Galstad
Nagios Developer
___
Email: nagios at nagios.org