Possible nagiostats bug: Some MRTG data variablesare not translated

Michael Lübben michael_luebben at web.de
Mon Feb 11 18:46:41 CET 2008

Hi Steffen,

which nagiostat version do you use?

 >>TOTCMDBUF            total number of external command buffer slots available.
 >>USEDCMDBUF           number of external command buffer slots currently in use.
 >>HIGHCMDBUF           highest number of external command buffer slots ever in use.
In version 3.0rc2 you becomes a output from nagiostat.

 >>TOTCHKBUF            total number of check result buffer slots available.
 >>USEDCHKBUF           number of check result buffer slots currently in use.
 >>HIGHCHKBUF           highest number of check result buffer slots ever in use.
This is a bug. But it can't be fixed, because in the status.dat wasn't any information from number of check results that can be parsed from nagiostat.

>> Where AVGPSVSVCLAT is not translated.
This a bug in Version 3.0rc1 and is fixed in the version 3.0rc2.

Bye Michael
Having a closer look at the help screen it appears that there are duplicate entries for the command buffer info, and if we use the other set (replace CHK with CMD in the variables) we get the info correctly.

So where nagiostats --help says:

 TOTCMDBUF            total number of external command buffer slots available.
 USEDCMDBUF           number of external command buffer slots currently in use.
 HIGHCMDBUF           highest number of external command buffer slots ever in use.
 TOTCHKBUF            total number of check result buffer slots available.
 USEDCHKBUF           number of check result buffer slots currently in use.
 HIGHCHKBUF           highest number of check result buffer slots ever in use.

The CHK versions should just be eliminated from this screen I guess (documentation issue only?).

So, what is really left from the report is the:

 xxxPSVSVCLAT         MIN/MAX/AVG passive service check latency (ms).

Where AVGPSVSVCLAT is not translated.

Best regards,
Steffen Poulsen