Possible nagiostats bug: Some MRTG data variables are not translated

Steffen Poulsen step at tdc.dk
Mon Feb 11 11:36:40 CET 2008

Trying to set up monitoring for nagios performance data, we have now
reached the point where we would like to monitor the use of check
command buffers.

But even though nagiostats appear to support the use of these MRTG
variables:

TOTCHKBUF
USEDCHKBUF
HIGHCHKBUF
AVGPSVSVCLAT

It appears that they are not translated correctly:

[nagios at nagsrv]$ /usr/local/nagios/bin/nagiostats -m -d
TOTCHKBUF,USEDCHKBUF,HIGHCHKBUF,AVGPSVSVCLAT
TOTCHKBUF
USEDCHKBUF
HIGHCHKBUF
AVGPSVSVCLAT

The rest of the possible variables are translated just fine it seems, so
we guess it is a local problem relating to these variables only.

If we missed a configure option related to these settings or similar,
excuses up front.

Best regards,
Steffen Poulsen