CGIs don`t get data from Nagios 2.5.1 while run with NDOUtils in first minutes after start

Tobias Heinzmann Tobias.Heinzmann at shd-online.de
Tue Apr 15 17:49:35 CEST 2008

Hi,

I`ve got a Nagios 2.5.1 installation with NDOUtils 1.4b7, 470 hosts and 3500
services.
If Nagios is started without ndo2mod it starts up stable and fast.
If ndomod-2x.o is activated, the nagios-process starts as fast (so say the
logs)
but the CGIs don`t get any data from Nagios. Not until a few minutes (up to
4) later the CGIs work as
used. I`ve tested that on two different machines. If the Nagios config only
contains
a few hosts the problem does not occur. And it does not depend on the
nagios_configfilevariables
-instance_id error. I fixed that as Thorsten Tüllmann recommended it on
March 25th.
So: is that normal behavior for Nagios in conjunction with NDOUtils in a
midrange installation,
or indicates it a bug?

Best regards
Tobias