Patch to make Nagios 3.0.1 more NEB module friendly

John Calcote john.calcote at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 19:21:39 CEST 2008

Hi Ethan,

I'm still patiently waiting to hear back from you regarding my patch to
the base/checks.c file (attached for your convenience). This patch makes
(only) the following 3 changes:

1. Causes Nagios to honor the NEBERROR_CALLBACKOVERRIDE return code in
the NEBTYPE_SERVICECHECK_INITIATE broker call back.

2. Moves the NEBTYPE_SERVICECHECK_INITIATE broker call back above the
opening and initialization of the check results file, so as to not have
to close and remove it in the case where the NEB module returns
NEBERROR_CALLBACKOVERRIDE.

3. Splits initialization of the *check_result_info* structure above and
below the NEB call back, so as to provide as much information as
possible to a NEB module, but without the results file being initialized.

I've made as few changes as possible in order to maintain the spirit of
your original code. These are good changes - these few changes open up a
world of possibilities for NEB modules that need to handle checks for
Nagios.

Thanks and regards,
John