notifications and acknowledges

Wolfgang Barth wob at swobspace.de
Mon Apr 7 20:23:42 CEST 2008

Hi,

I want to use notifications from acknowledges as trigger for creating
trouble ticket. At this time, I put some logic into a script which is
called as notification command.

But why not treat acknowledges similar to flapping and downtime in the
notification_options?

   notification_options    d,r,x,s  x = ack's

Currently I get the following behaviour:

1) host unreachable, notification_options = d,r
   -> no notification
2) acknowledge this host
   -> notification is sent!
3) host recovers
   -> no notification due to no "UNREACHABLE" notification is sent.

I think this is a little bit asymmetric. It should be:

a) no acknowledge message would be send due to missing notification value u
   or
b) send acknowledge and recovery
   or much more better
c) make it customizable with an additional notification_option ;-)

Just my 2 Cents

Wolfgang

--
<wob (at) swobspace de> * http://www.swobspace.de