Nagios3.0b4 : shutdown after a few minutes

Ethan Galstad nagios at nagios.org
Fri Sep 28 18:43:35 CEST 2007

It looks like the problem is on line 581 of common/macros.c.  Most like
the pointer is getting set to an invalid address at some point.

I've been running the b4 code with the new servicegroup macros for about
two weeks without problems thus far.  I'll try running it under a
debugger with various service/servicegroup variations to see if I can
get it to segfault.

Can you run Nagios with the debug log enabled for service checks to find
out what service is being checked immediately before the segfault?  If
you could send (offline if necessary) the corresponding service
definition, as well as defs for any servicegroups its a member of, that
would be helpful as well.

--

Ethan Galstad,
Nagios Developer