Advanced permissions/user properties

Alex Burger alex_b at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Sep 28 16:46:32 CEST 2007

Hendrik Bäcker wrote:
> with Nagios 3 you don't need that patch.
>
> With Nagios 3 you can configure the "can_submit_commands" to each contact.

Hi Hendrik.

The patch allows for more granular permissions than the
can_submit_commands option included in Nagios 3.  There was a discussion
on the Nagios-users list last year that includes a message from Ton Voon
(Nov 6, 2006 - author of can_submit_commands) where he agrees that it's
a good solution.  I don't know if he still feels this way or if his
can_submit_commands patch has changed at all over the last year.

See:
http://readlist.com/lists/lists.sourceforge.net/nagios-users/1/5187.html

Alex