Nagios3.0b4 : shutdown after a few minutes

hindrek murdsalu hindrek.murdsalu at tallink.ee
Fri Sep 28 13:42:01 CEST 2007

I've also noticed some strange behavior, like Nagios PID not existing in
processes or any other nagios related processes running when doing ps
axfu | grep nagios (save for the grep itself) while it seems to display
everything on the webinterface. When I for example request to schedule a
service/host check, it won't commit of course. Reloading can't kill the
old PID, starts regardless but soon the processes drop again.

> Hi, I upgraded Nagios 3b3 to 3b4 this morning and Nagios shutdown
after a few minutes.Let me know if I can help because I don't have any
message in the logs, I don't know what I can send.
> I switched back to nagios 3b3 and it works now. (Well it's not
production, but a kind of :) -- L.B.