Extremely bad performance when enabling process_performance_data on Solaris 10?

Ethan Galstad nagios at nagios.org
Thu Sep 27 17:19:52 CEST 2007

Steffen Poulsen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> These are very interesting suggestions, thanks all - I will give them a try asap.
>
> It worries me that we are not able to use the process_performance_data parameter at all, though - but perhaps that's just how it is on !linux :-)
>
> Best regards,
> Steffen

[snip]

As others have already mentioned, try writing the perfdata to a file,
rather than executing a command.  There are a few addons that will grab
performance data directly from the perfdata files.

Executing a system command to process perf data for every single
service/host check is rather resource-intensive.  This is especially
true if you have thousands of things you're monitoring or the perfdata
commands take more than a few milliseconds to complete.

Ethan Galstad,
Nagios Developer
---
Email: nagios at nagios.org