Services check and unreachable host status

Gabes Jean j.gabes at lectra.com
Thu Sep 27 10:22:03 CEST 2007

Hi list,

I'm running Nagios 2.5 (not 3 because I use Oreon and It doesn't support
it for the moment :( ). I've got a lot of distant host, so I use
parent/child relation between servers and routers. So I don't receive
notification if the host are in a unreachable state. All is good in the
host level. The problem I've got is that the services of theses servers
are checked. They do not send me alert (no u flag in the service
notification definition), but the information of CRITICAL state is in
the nagios.log. The web interface show me error in theses hosts because
the error is present in the nagios.log.

Is there a way to put service in state UNKNOWN (and do not make the
check) when the host is in an UNREACHABLE state?

I can try to patch, the main service function seem to be the
run_service_check (base/check.c), isn't it?

Thanks,

Jean

PS: thanks a lot, Nagios is a great tool and help me a lot, so if I can
try to help Nagios...