BUG: Service Reaper does not reschedule Service-Checks

Percy Jahn jahn at fg-networking.de
Mon Sep 17 13:12:08 CEST 2007

Hello,

<cut>
> If nagios got outstanding
> checks while receiving "disable notifications" it sets the global status
> accordingly. reap_service_checks() gets the check results from the
> outstanding properly scheduled service checks and trys to reschedule the
> servicecheck via schedule_service_check(). This function immediately
> exists without rescheduling, because active checks are disabled globaly.
> In the end, the service is lost and could not be rescheduled.
> check_for_orphaned_services() could not solve this problem, because the
> check is marked as "not executing/running" by reap_service_checks().

</cut>

This problem still exists, is nobody interested in this Bug? In my
opinion this is a serios problem. If i click on "stop executing active
checks" and after a short while "start executing active checks." there
are checks that never get scheduled, until i restart nagios?

I only need to know, if the suggested solution of changing
schedule_service_check to reschedule inactive checks to, would break
anything. If not i could submit a patch these days. Otherwise i have to
spend some more hours investigating the problem.

Best regards
Percy Jahn