Hide services that are checked with check_cluster2 in gui

Søren Klintrup nagioslist at bigchief.dk
Fri Sep 14 11:01:20 CEST 2007

Robert Lindgren wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm just wondering if there some way to hide services that have
> notifications disabled in the webgui? The reason is that I use
> check_cluster2 and monitor the same service on two hosts and since
> it's a master/slave setup it will only run on one node at any given
> time. This works OK, check_cluster2 sends notifications if the service
> is not running on any node, But this messes up my tactical and my
> problem->service view, with services I have know is down.
>
> So is there a way of "hiding" these services somehow?

Hi,

hiding them alltogether can be done by changing the access to those
services through cgi.cfg and ownership.

Another way to hide these services, is to set the serviceprops on the
status.cgi.

serviceprops takes a binary input (1, 2, 4, 8, 16 etc), which can be
combined by adding up the numbers (eg 2+4+16 = 22), each binary value
has it's own setting that you can filter with.

If you want to see services on all hosts that has notifications enabled,
access https://path.to/nagios/status.cgi?host=all&serviceprops=8192j

If you want to see problem services that has notificaations enabled you
can use something like this:
https://path.to/nagios/status.cgi?host=all&type=detail&servicestatustypes=16&hoststatustypes=3&serviceprops=8202&servicestatustypes=28

btw, I havn't found any documentation on this part of the cgi's
functionality, is this documented anywhere, or should I try to find some
time to make a patch for the docs section ?

Regards
Søren Klintrup