avail.cgi bug report

Andreas Ericsson ae at op5.se
Mon Sep 3 15:46:18 CEST 2007

Franjo Stipanovic wrote:
> From: Franjo Stipanovic <fritzfs at gmail.com>
> Date: 03-Sep-2007 15:17
> Subject: avail.cgi bug report
> To: nagios-devel at lists.sourceforge.net
>
> Hello,
> seems like there's a bug in avail.c. I'm trying to get availability report
> with 'LastMonth' as time period, but it fails, I get all undetermined or
> UP/ok if I choose assume state.
> All other time periods are working. Custom time period also doesn't work,
> but it works if I set to day before today. 2 days before today also failes.
> I'm guessing this works only when today's (or yesterday) date is included.
>
> I'm using Nagios 2.6, I haven't seen a patch in CVS for this bug (nor bug
> report).
>
> What do you recommend?

Hunting down the bug and submitting a patch ;-)

We've seen this problem too, although only under "complex circumstances", such
as multiple scheduled downtimes mixed with host-up, host-down and outages
alerts. I have no solution at the moment, and debugging avail.c is far from a
simple matter since determining that the bug is solved once a probable fix is
in place is difficult and enormously timeconsuming.

Andreas Ericsson                   andreas.ericsson at op5.se