Contact negation - Nagios3.0b5

Thomas Stolle it0a60 at retail-sc.com
Wed Oct 31 12:52:36 CET 2007

Dear List,

I thing this problem has already been reported, but I am not sure if there
was a solution.

Trying to exclude a member of a contactgroup for a specific service or
host

define host{
        use                             test_tmpl
        host_name               test
        alias                           Server
        contact_groups          admins
        contacts                !user
        notification_options    d
        address                 10.x.x.x
        }

I get the following error message.

Error: Contact '!user' specified in host 'test' is not defined anywhere!

(of course user is defined)

As far as I know, such exclusions should be possible with Nagios3.0

Best regards
Thomas

P Please consider the environmental impact of needlessly printing this
e-mail.

--
RSC Commercial Services OHG
Wanheimer Strasse 70, D-40468 Duesseldorf