Nagios 3 Performance Monitoring

Thomas Stolle it0a60 at retail-sc.com
Mon Oct 29 10:07:43 CET 2007

Dear List,

I can confirm the problem described by Hendrik.
I am using Nagios3.0b5 without NDO, embadded Perl disabled and
large_installtion option enabled.
Each nagios server is monitoring about 1000 hosts (active hostchecks) and
someting between 2000 and 5000 services.
When starting nagios (first few hours) latency, execution time and
systemload are normal.

After a few hours load, latency and execution time start rising.
On my systems it is not exactly after 8 or 11 hours but is rising
continuously.
A restart of nagios brings all values back to normal before they grow
again.

My Nagios 2.9 server with exactly the same hosts monitored does not show
any problems with latency or execution time so it is not a problem in the
network.

Best regards
Thomas

--
RSC Commercial Services OHG
Wanheimer Strasse 70, D-40468 Duesseldorf