4k plugin output limit in nagios but 1k limit in nrpe 2.10

J. Potter jpotter-nagios at codepuppy.com
Sat Oct 20 15:03:05 CEST 2007

Hi List,

It looks like nrpe 2.10 needs to be twiddled from 1k of data to 4k of
data to match up with nagios 3.x's newer default limit of 4k of
plugin data output. (Sure, we could recompile this manually, but it'd
be nice to use default RPMs in the future across a whole bunch of
servers.)

Or is there a newer version that I'm missing?

Thanks!

best,
Jeff

	[nrpe-2.10]# grep -r 1024 .
	./contrib/nrpe_check_control.c:#define MAX_CHARS        1024
	./include/common.h:#define MAX_PACKETBUFFER_LENGTH
1024            /* max amount of data we'll send in one query/
response */
	./sample-config/nrpe.cfg.in:# NOTE: This must be a non-priviledged
port (i.e. > 1024).
	./src/nrpe.c:                   if(server_port<1024){
	./src/snprintf.c:       char buf1[1024];
	./src/snprintf.c:       char buf2[1024];