NDOutils and cfg_dir

Andreas Kasenides Andreas.Kasenides at cs.ucy.ac.cy
Thu Oct 18 07:59:58 CEST 2007

Andreas Ericsson wrote:
> Andreas Kasenides wrote:
>
>> I seem to remember reading something about this some time back,
>> but my search did not turn anything so here it goes:
>>
>> I am using Nagios 2.7, ndoutils 1.4b6 and it seems that when I use
>> several cfg_dir in my nagios.cfg the corresponding table in the DB
>> (_configvariables) will only retain one record for a cfg_dir (varname =
>> cfg_dir), the last one.
>> The exact same thing happens with cfg_file variables.
>>
>> As far as I can tell this behaviour was the same in ndoutils 1.4b2.
>> Any idea why?
>>

> Probably because the column has the "UNIQUE" property. I don't know
> for sure though, as I don't use ndoutils.

Oh yes indeed! Thanks a zillion!
Here is a small "patch" for db/mysql.sql of the offending table that
fixes it where
I removed the varname attribute from UNIQUE KEY line.

Thanks again.
Andreas:

--
-- Table structure for table `nagios_configfilevariables`
--

CREATE TABLE `nagios_configfilevariables` (
  `configfilevariable_id` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,