Inherited custom object vars using definitions inresource.cfg

Anthony Montibello amontibello at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 15:20:27 CEST 2007

I do not think it is a bug, have you reviewed the manual?

It has been a while since I read the manual, However I thought the manual
was clear about using custom variables.
Also I thought the manual is clear that the object definitions have a
discrete number of published fields and they cannot be expanded in the way
you desire.

I would suggest you patch Nagios to handle this at your organization, then
submit the patch, as a feature request or patch.

Please note: that the original response from Ethan; He is the primary
developer of Nagios.
His comments represent that he did not believe this was a bug. but was per
spec.

Good luck,

TOny (author of NC_Net)