Nagios3.0b4 Solaris9 compile issue

Ethan Galstad nagios at nagios.org
Sun Oct 7 23:22:39 CEST 2007

Found the bug - patch will be in CVS shortly...

David Halik wrote:
> It seems as though it's not limited to suncc. I just tried rebuilding it
> with GCC 4.2.1 and it fails in the exact same way. No one else has seen
> this whatsoever? Seems strange that it would fail in both GCC and SunCC
> and yet be limited to only my system.
>
> David Halik wrote:
>> Does anyone have any clues about this? I still haven't been able to get
>> past the use_large_installation_tweaks building issue. I'm guessing it's
>> not apparent in gcc since suncc is much more strict. Any help would be
>> appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -Dave
>>
>> David Halik wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I've been building Nagios3 betas1-3 without any issues, but with this
>>> latest release I ran into a compile problem. Using Sun Studio on
>>> Solaris 9 I'm seeing this:
>>>
>>> cc -I/usr/local/include -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I/usr/local/include/glib-2.0
>>> -I/usr/local/lib/glib-2.0/include   -DNSCGI -L/usr/local/lib
>>> -R/usr/local/lib -L/usr/sfw/lib -R/usr/sfw/lib -L/usr/local/lib -o
>>> config.cgi config.c  getcgi.o cgiutils.o cgiauth.o macros-cgi.o
>>> ../common/snprintf.o objects-cgi.o xobjects-cgi.o statusdata-cgi.o
>>> xstatusdata-cgi.o comments-cgi.o downtime-cgi.o -lrt  -L/usr/local/lib
>>> -lglib-2.0 -liconv "cmd.c", line 2296: warning: no explicit type given
>>> for parameter: cmd
>>> "config.c", line 135: warning: implicit function declaration: init_macros
>>> "config.c", line 473: warning: implicit function declaration:
>>> grab_host_macros
>>> Undefined                       first referenced
>>> symbol                             in file
>>> use_large_installation_tweaks       macros-cgi.o
>>> ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to cmd.cgi
>>> gmake[1]: *** [cmd.cgi] Error 1
>>> gmake[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
>>> "config.c", line 1203: warning: implicit function declaration:

--

Ethan Galstad,
Nagios Developer
Email: nagios at nagios.org