Nagios3.0b4 : shutdown after a few minutes

Ethan Galstad nagios at nagios.org
Fri Oct 5 17:05:04 CEST 2007

FYI - I just posted a "patch" that disables the $SERVICEGROUPMEMBERS$
macro.  I tend to think that another problem elsewhere is the real root
cause, but I'm not sure.  If anyone ran into this bug, please try the
latest CVS code and see if it fixes the problem.  Thanks.

Hendrik Bäcker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am able to reproduce this with a clean compile.
>
> Attached: My Debug file with
>
> a) gdb run until GLIBC DETECT
> b) a manual 'bt' after it
> c) the last 300 lines of the debug file (debug_level=-1)
>
> Hope that helps a bit.
>
> Regards
> Hendrik
>
> Ethan Galstad schrieb:
>> It looks like the problem is on line 581 of common/macros.c.  Most like
>> the pointer is getting set to an invalid address at some point.
>>
>> I've been running the b4 code with the new servicegroup macros for about
>> two weeks without problems thus far.  I'll try running it under a
>> debugger with various service/servicegroup variations to see if I can
>> get it to segfault.
>>
>> Can you run Nagios with the debug log enabled for service checks to find
>> out what service is being checked immediately before the segfault?  If
>> you could send (offline if necessary) the corresponding service
>> definition, as well as defs for any servicegroups its a member of, that
>> would be helpful as well.

Ethan Galstad,
Nagios Developer
---